none
Read data from within ControlType.Pane RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Microsoft UI Automation to read data from a PowerBuilder Application.

The application has a gridview which I feel is a PowerBuilder Datawindow . This Grid displays Rows and Columns of Data.

I used UI Spy to inspect the control and it turned out to be ControlType.Pane.

How can I read all the rows and columns of data within this control using UI automation.

Regards,

Nikesh

• Moved by Eric Fleck Monday, July 7, 2014 2:47 PM
    Monday, July 7, 2014 1:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If this is a PowerBuilder application, I am not sure we can read all rows/columns data via Microsoft UI Automation. Since PowerBuilder is partially supported. For Microsoft UI Automation support scope. Please refer to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd380742.aspx.

Since the control claims to be a DataGrid, you should be able to find the item by looking for the element with UIA_ControlTypePropertyId equal to UIA_DataGridControlTypeId, and then examining the children as appropriate.

Have a nice time!

Sincerely,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:25 AM
  • When checked using UISpy , the control is identified as ControlType.Pane with a child as Controltype.scrolbar.

But not sure how can I get this grid of elements(columns/rows) within this Controltype.Pane

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:43 AM
  • I am not sure Microsoft UI Automation can get the UI Automation information in PowerBuilder application. Since it's partially supported in MS Test Tool. How about try other test application. like below,

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56890/

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:52 AM