Trying to install native instance of Windows SSRS but getting an error message when tryign to create a datasource RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I have MS SQL Server 2017 Developer edidition installed and just installed SSRS.  However, when I try to create a new datasource or import an existing report I get an error message to try later.  when looking in console I get the following error message:

HTTP500: SERVER ERROR - The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. (XHR)GET - http://localhost/reports/api/v2.0/Extensions?$filter=ExtensionType+eq+(cast('Data',%20'Model.ExtensionType'))

Anyone know what config step I have missed or what is causing this issue?

Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi MarcLipshitz,

You could re-configure the report server in Reporting Service Configuration Manager(re-specify the reportserver database and make sure your virtual directoryis different from existing instance(which you might install in machine previously)), then restart the reporting service to check this issue.

Or you also could execute the reportingservice.exe file to repair the reporting service, then repeat above operation to check this issue.

In addition, you could check whether there is any error information in log file, if there is, please inform me in details.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 1, 2018 1:31 AM