none
Request for a sample code about BLE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

i need to create a little program that connects to a device (a Nordic beacon) via Bluetooth LE, and both sends and receives data to/from it. I know that there are in Windows 10 the APIs to do this quickly, but unfortunately i'm not skilled with C++ language (i know only standard C and Matlab for now), and i can't fully understand how to use these libraries. So i would like to start with an example done from more skilled people, because for a reason of time my project must be done pretty quickly. So i would ask you to write a simple example to start understanding these APIs, that only search for advertising devices, connect to my beacon, and receive the data i am sending from it (storing it to a text file next), if possible with one or two comments to understand better the code. Thanks in advance good people!

Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:09 AM

All replies

• Just for sake of clarity, how can you send data to a beacon? IIRC beacons are advertise-only devices that even do not accept connection.

-- pa
    Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:47 AM
  • Just for sake of clarity, how can you send data to a beacon? IIRC beacons are advertise-only devices that even do not accept connection.

-- pa
    it's a smart beacon (that is the name, smart beacon kit from Nordic), a little module with the BT transceiver, a microcontroller (nRF51822), buttons and leds on it. So i write the code also for the microcontroller, but suppose it's already done and it's ready to send data, i'm interested on the program on the PC that connects with it and receive the data (the sending will be treated later). Thanks!
    Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:49 AM