HP ALL IN 1 Printer, Scanner, Copier Wireless (SCANNER ISSUE)

Question

• I am running windows 8 developer beta and I am having issues using the scanner in my HP D110a Printer/Scanner/Copier, basically the scanner is not recognized, other than when I go into Devices and Printers there it shows the Printer and has it labeled as a Copier, Scanner, and Fax.  I am unable to use the scanner FEATURE  in Windows 8.  Now I've tried to install the software from HP and it is not supported in Windows 8. <<-- YET   Even if I try to install the software I get an error and the setup aborts.

Is there a way to manually put the scanner drivers in? <-- you can install the printer drivers this way. Does anyone know what driver I can install to enable the magical scanner feature in my all in one HP D110a?

I am using the wireless connection with the printer.  Printing works fine its just it doesn't  see the device (D110a) as a scanner.  

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 10:21 AM

Answers

• I was able to install the scanner by plugging the USB cord in, but not via wireless. I installed by manually extracting the install package and searching for the driver.. . . and walla. 
    ~Just a boy and blob in a small town world.
    Saturday, November 05, 2011 10:11 PM

All replies

• Please try this forum.
    Mike Zhang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:01 AM
  • wiainfo@microsoft.com is the best place for future questions regarding imaging/scanning. 

Non PnP (plug and play) scanners can be manually installed.  However, that HP device is PnP and needs a compatible driver from the manufacturer. Either you must wait for HP to update that software package or you may be able to find a different driver on their website.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:39 PM
  • I was able to install the scanner by plugging the USB cord in, but not via wireless. I installed by manually extracting the install package and searching for the driver.. . . and walla. 
    ~Just a boy and blob in a small town world.
    Saturday, November 05, 2011 10:11 PM