Authentication Around Multiple WebApps RRS feed

• Question

• User-577643385 posted

I have multiple WebApps on Azure. The main app is driven by ASPNetCore 3.1.8 and NetCore 3.1.0, what would the best practice be to use the local sign on account on the main app for the other smaller apps?

The majority of the apps are .Net MVC, though I have one on Python Flask that I would like to leverage the existing user accounts.

I have extended the Identity module as needed and ideally I would love to use that.

Tuesday, December 15, 2020 6:26 AM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

I have multiple WebApps on Azure. The main app is driven by ASPNetCore 3.1.8 and NetCore 3.1.0, what would the best practice be to use the local sign on account on the main app for the other smaller apps?

An OAuth/OIDC token server is the standard these days.  IdentityServer4 comes with ASP.NET Core 3.1.

https://identityserver4.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

The majority of the apps are .Net MVC, though I have one on Python Flask that I would like to leverage the existing user accounts.

The community cannot answer this question.  Your Python Flask application will need to support the authentication/authorization framework you implemented. 

I have extended the Identity module as needed and ideally I would love to use that.

Identity allows access to remote authentication providers.  I'm not sure if that solves your problem.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2020 1:47 PM