none
How do I edit the SMBIOS files RRS feed

• Question

• I couldn't find a correct forum so I apologize if this is the wrong place.  I want to update the computer manufacturer, etc.  Note: this is NOT about the BIOS.
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:20 PM

All replies

• Leaving aside for the moment why you want to do this, where are you seeing the name that you want to modify? WMI?

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Friday, October 16, 2015 12:20 AM
  • I see the information in MSINFO.  The specific fields I want to update are SYSTEM MANUFACTURER, SYSTEM MODEL, and SYSTEM SKU.  I'm using SMBIOS 2.7.  I build PC's and want to personalize them for my clients.  Thanks
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 2:51 AM
  • I see the information in MSINFO.  The specific fields I want to update are SYSTEM MANUFACTURER, SYSTEM MODEL, and SYSTEM SKU.  I'm using SMBIOS 2.7.  I build PC's and want to personalize them for my clients.  Thanks

Please read this old link. Maybe it can assist you in figuring out what you want to know. I suspect that information you want to alter is flashed into something at the factory and is not alterable.

Hardware Secrets

La vida loca

Sunday, October 18, 2015 3:09 AM