none
Need a simple task RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone give me a simple programming challenge for a beginner?

Much appreciated.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:36 PM

Answers

• I am assuming you have looked over the challenges of the month (past and present) - some are pretty simple and covered the getting started guide.  Also look at the questions and answers on this forum. and try to figure some out.

1] Get SmallBasic to ask for your name, read it in and print 'Hello' and your name.

2] Get SmallBasic to calculate the sum of the first 10 integers (1+2+3+.....)

3] Get SmallBaisic to draw some randomly placed circles on the GraphicsWindow.

Perhaps, if you give some feedback on the kind of thing you are thinking of then people can suggest similar types of projects.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:50 PM

All replies

• Bump/
    • Edited by Danny263 Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:38 PM
  • Bump/
    • Edited by Danny263 Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:42 PM
  • Check out the 'Challenge of the Month' Sticky thread and do a serach on this forum for previous month's challenges.
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:42 PM
  • Check out the 'Challenge of the Month' Sticky thread and do a serach on this forum for previous month's challenges.

I need something even more basic.
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:58 PM
  • I am assuming you have looked over the challenges of the month (past and present) - some are pretty simple and covered the getting started guide.  Also look at the questions and answers on this forum. and try to figure some out.

1] Get SmallBasic to ask for your name, read it in and print 'Hello' and your name.

2] Get SmallBasic to calculate the sum of the first 10 integers (1+2+3+.....)

3] Get SmallBaisic to draw some randomly placed circles on the GraphicsWindow.

Perhaps, if you give some feedback on the kind of thing you are thinking of then people can suggest similar types of projects.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:50 PM