Sharepoint Workflow - Can not find 'Open This Task' in Word. RRS feed

• Question

• Do I need to some addtional configuration on the client environment if I want to open a workflow task? e.g, office, Ie, etc.

I have added a 'collect feaback' workflow on a ducument. Then I click the link of this document and open it with word 2010, after inputting the login information, I should see the workflow task on the top of word. Then I can click 'Open This Task' and then update the workflow.

When I link the server to intranet and use the intranet machine to do the above, all will work. But if I try to link the server to the internet and use another machine to open this document, I can find the workflow task on the top of word after inputing the login information.

Can anyone tell me why?

Please also note that, when I connect the server to the internet , that machine I use to access the document is in the same Local Area Network as the server.

Monday, January 17, 2011 9:18 AM

Answers

• Hi duanfei,

Thank you for your post.

Since this is a new problem to me, so I did a lot of search. But I found nothing about this issue. I noticed that many users encountered  a similar issue with yours, the different between your problems is they could find “Open the task”, but it not functioning. Could you please take a look at this thread to see if your problem is same with it: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010general/thread/eb273ee9-6a4b-409c-8eb0-5351bb113386. If is so, you can try the method which is mentioned in the comment from the thread.

Hope this could help you.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:16 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:17 AM