none
UWP XboxOne and XboxLive integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    I'm a single independent developer and I just finished a game with the Unity engine for Windows 10 and Xbox One.

I joined the Xbox live creators program, created the game in the interface and tested it on my Xbox with the Dev-mode.
    So far so good and everything is working. But I read that you have to integrate the Xbox live in the game to be able to publish it on the store.

I admit I don't use Live services just yet and I've seen that Xbox live features can be disabled for the game in the partner interface properties page.

Is it mandatory to use Xbox live services within the game in order to publish it?
    Is it necessary to verify that the player is connected and is that enough?
    On the version sent to my Xbox everything works well and I can play without activating it all.

Thank you in advance for your reply and good day.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:05 AM

All replies

• Help... i've try to add xbox live sign in for my game and everything gone wrong...

First, when i install the xbox live plugin in unity i've a lot of errors (unity 2019-3-10f1); i've unchecked "editor" in NET3.5 DLLs and checked "editor" in NET4.6 DLLs. allways 96 errors.

I'm unable to launch the xbox live association wizard (it show an error "unable to connect to")

and the worst... in my partner center, under submission options, the xbox live says "We can't display your product's Xbox Live configuration right now. Please try again later."

Please help... i'm lost... :'(

Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:38 AM