none
Storage down for US-South ??

Question

• Storage is down for me. Blobs, tables, everything.

Anyone else having issues? I'm in US-South with supposed failover to US North.

I have a ticket started with Microsoft.

Friday, December 28, 2012 4:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, Same with Caching
    Friday, December 28, 2012 4:31 PM
  • One of our blob storage containers is inaccessible.  Others seem to be fine.  

Waiting on a response from MS support.  

• Edited by jfildey Friday, December 28, 2012 4:46 PM
    Friday, December 28, 2012 4:43 PM
  • I thought this was supposed to be Geo-Replicated... what happened to that??!!

Even the whole Service Dashboard is down.

It seems every time one piece of Azure breaks, the whole thing comes tumbling down.

MS needs more fail-over testing!!

Friday, December 28, 2012 6:24 PM
  • It's not all of South, we are hosted there and are unaffected so far (at least by this issue). I did notice that the Azure status page went down hard, though, the webpage and RSS feed are both reporting errors.
    Friday, December 28, 2012 7:11 PM
  • This is affecting us in production. More details about the outage can be found here:

https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/service-dashboard/

In the future, how can we be notified of outages that affect us or may affect us?

Friday, December 28, 2012 11:58 PM
  • Azure Team: It's almost a day with this break down. My application uses heavily the storage services and thus our application is practically down because of this, our customers are affected.

My storage account has geo-replicaction on, the primary region is ussouth and the secondary usnorth. Doesn't this mean that we should still connecting successfully to usnorth?

We know you will fix this eventually, however as @ctaggart mentioned, we are interested in know a way to preventing this in the future, like a workaround to make our app running.

Would it help if we purchase premium support? Thanks in advance for your response. 

Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:25 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience about it, but I can only report this issue based on my right and ability. For more support or information you can get a support ticket from portal to consult. Also view the service dashboard to check the latest status:

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/service-dashboard/

Sorry for this again. Hope your understanding.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 31, 2012 2:47 AM