Exchange 2003 SP2 msxml3.dll 80070005 error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a cluster of 2 Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SP2 32-bit. This cluster runs Exchange Server 2003 SP2 apllication and some VBScripts. These scripts connect to Exchange via WebDAV. If any of these scripts runs on NODE1 all works fine, but if it runs on NODE2, i get an error Error: Access is denied. Code: 80070005 Source: msxml3.dll
    It doesn't depends on which node runs Exchange Server 2003 SP2 application. Example of code, which causes the error:

    Set objXML = CreateObject("msxml2.xmlhttp")
        objXML.Open "PROPFIND", strFullWebDAVPath, FALSE
        objXML.SetRequestHeader "Content-type:", "text/xml"
        objXML.SetRequestHeader "Depth", "0"
        strRequest = "<?xml version='1.0'?>"
        strRequest = strRequest & "<a:propfind xmlns:a='DAV:' xmlns:p=''>"
        strRequest = strRequest & "<a:prop><p:x" & strSetting & "/></a:prop>"
        strRequest = strRequest & "</a:propfind>"
        objXML.send strRequest

    I get the error right after objXML.send strRequest line.
    Both nodes have IE6 installed. Both nodes have updates installed:
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Device Update 4.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
    MSXML 6.0 Parser

    At NODE1 i have also installed:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.59193
    FAR file manager 1.70 beta  5 build 1634

    At NODE2 i have also installed:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.56336
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.50727.42

    There are no other differences between nodes.
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:43 AM


  • I recognized that NODE2 had Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration component enabled. I disabled it and now all works fine.
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 8:31 AM