none
Bing Map not working with out Visual studio& Bing map SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We develop a C# metro style app, in that we are using Bing map for that we

Add a reference for Bing Maps for C# and Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package.

<dir><dir>

Set Active solution configuration to Debug.
    Set Active solution platform x64.

Get an account Key and set map credentials.

its working perfectly in local machine contain Visual studio & Bing map SDK, but its getting Windows.UI.Xaml.Markup.xamlParseException when I tried to remotely debug to a tablet with same OS(Windows 8 Release Preview) without Visual studio & Bing Map SDK and also we create a App package and deploy it in tablet, except the map option everything is working perfectly in both case.

</dir></dir>

So Kindly provide some solution to solve this issue..

Regards,

FCA

Sunday, June 24, 2012 4:07 PM

Answers

• This sounds like the app is compiled and deployed in debug mode?  If it is, you are probably running into dependency issue.  Please make sure you add C runtime as a dependency to your project and deploy release mode.  Debug will crash as it does not have CRT as a dependency.
    • Proposed as answer by CombYoBeard Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by F_C_A Sunday, July 1, 2012 4:32 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:52 PM

All replies

• same issues for serveral days.

any updates?

microsoft guys?????????

Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:33 AM
  • I think I am having the same issue when deploying to a tablet.  I posed the same question and was told to target x64.  I did that, and deployed again with the same issue.  One thing on my TO DO list is to have the app fire to a page that doesn't reference the map.  Currently, my app crashes immediately after the splash screen because my first page contains the map.

In your set up, does the app fire to a screen that doesn't include  the Bing Map control?  Does it only crash when instantiating the map on some other page?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:10 PM
  • In our case all the screens are working except the Bing map screen.

Regards,

FCA

FCA

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:20 PM
  • This sounds like the app is compiled and deployed in debug mode?  If it is, you are probably running into dependency issue.  Please make sure you add C runtime as a dependency to your project and deploy release mode.  Debug will crash as it does not have CRT as a dependency.
    • Proposed as answer by CombYoBeard Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by F_C_A Sunday, July 1, 2012 4:32 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:52 PM
    Yup, the C runtime was always a dependency as per the Bing Maps SDK documentation.  We were simply deploying in Debug instead of Release mode.  Release x64 solved the issue of the Bing Maps causing the app to crash.
    Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:50 AM
  • Hi Kazuko Hass,

Thanks you,

When we deployed it in release mode its working perfectly.

Regards,

FCA

FCA

Sunday, July 1, 2012 4:38 AM