Unable to Mount Azure Fileshare to MacOS Mojave RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

When attempting to follow the instructions in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-how-to-use-files-mac I get a `mount_smbfs: server connection failed: Operation timed out` error. My firewall is off on my mac FYI. 

I've tried to connect via the `connect server` option in Mac as well as through the terminal using the actual `connect` verbiage that Azure file storage gives you once in the azure portal. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px 'Courier New'; color: #00ff00; background-color: #000000; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} </style>
    Friday, August 9, 2019 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hi BoyArmy_07, port 445 is blocked by several Internet service providers, this the list of ISP's allowing and not allowing port 445: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32346.azure-summary-of-isps-that-allow-disallow-access-from-port-445.aspx 

One of the best way to test this, is if you have an azure VM on which you are able to mount the File share on, then most likely the ISP is blocking the port 445. Let me know if this helps.

Friday, August 9, 2019 10:52 PM
  •  BoyArmy_07 @Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, August 12, 2019 5:36 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:40 AM
  •  BoyArmy_07 @Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, August 26, 2019 7:01 AM