Extending Security Application Block - web.config RRS feed

• Question

• User984595800 posted

Hi,

I am trying to extend the security application block by creating a class that inherits from AuthorizationProvider. I am pretty much following the directions in the help file. I am using a website project.

Everything works well when this class is part of an external assembly. However if I add this class to my App_Code folder then I get an exception. Following is the exception:

The type 'AuthorizationMan1' cannot be resolved. Please verify the spelling is correct or that the full type name is provided.

Following is the relevant section from my web.config

<securityConfiguration

defaultAuthorizationInstance="AM"

defaultSecurityCacheInstance="Caching Store Provider">

<authorizationProviders>

<add name="AM" type="AuthorizationMan1" >

</add>

</authorizationProviders>

</securityConfiguration>

Here is a trivial version of the class:

[ConfigurationElementType(typeof(CustomAuthorizationProviderData))]
        public class AuthorizationMan1 : AuthorizationProvider
        {
            public AuthorizationMan1(NameValueCollection configurationItems)
            {

}
            public override bool Authorize(IPrincipal principal, string context)
            {
                return true;

}
        }

Now if I was to have this same class in an assembly called CustomAuth under namespace CustomAuth and change the type in the above web.config to following, then all works fine.

type="CustomAuth.AuthorizationMan1, CustomAuth"

So how should I be declaring the 'type' attribute if I wish to have this class in my App_Code folder? My understanding was that assembly name does not need to be included if the class is in the App_Code folder..

Kunal

Monday, February 25, 2008 3:27 AM

All replies

• User-1516799883 posted

I don't have the answer, but am having a similar question with defining the type= in web.config for the EHAB..  I put the custom classes in their own assembly, installed it in the GAC and still can't get it to find it.. (I get a similar error as you mentioned)

Please let me know what you find if you get an answer! (mark.peters@dts.ca.gov)

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:53 PM