none
using two Databases and ADO.NET entity model template get the grid view from ASP.NET C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi alll,

I have two DB contained StoreProcdures , using two DB how to use ADO.NET Entity model template , and get the result in grid view

Pl give me suggestions and any help full link with screenshots ,

Thanks

• Moved by Bob Shen Monday, December 3, 2012 8:11 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Friday, November 30, 2012 5:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Subathra,

According to your description, I'd like to move this thread to ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities Forum for better support, where more experts live.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bob Shen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 3, 2012 8:10 AM
  • Hi Subathra-Subathra,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Have you already added the ADO.NET Entity Data Model to your project?

If you don’t know how to import stored procedure into Entity Framework, please check this page:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/gg699321.aspx

In addition, is the GridView you mentioned a web control?

Good day.

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 3, 2012 8:50 AM
  • HI,

as suggested by Alexander Sun import all your SP's from all databases.

Then apply LINQ on local collection of objects and finally bind th result to the GridView control.

Have you imported SPs in your application and its data ?

One good question is equivalent to ten best answers.

Monday, December 3, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanq:)

Yes i added ADO.NET Entity Data Model to my project

I have imported SP into EF

I added Grid view ,

The Exception am getting is :"+  $exception {"The method or operation is not implemented."} System.Exception {System.NotImplementedException}"

in my SP i have declared the parameter as varchar and in .net also i declared as String

i dunno how to resolve , pl let me know :)

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:45 AM
  • and even give me simple table or one procedure taken  by ADO.net entity framework model, grid view binded , so ill develope from that pl

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 11:58 AM
  • Hi Subathra-Subathra,

Can you please check it out , does your code somewhere contains throw new NotImplementedException();  code ?

As the exception you are getting indicates that. If it is present remove it and provide actual implementation.

One good question is equivalent to ten best answers.

• Edited by Shyam Kr Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:50 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:49 PM