Application Package for x86 and x64

Question

• I'm using a third party control (DevExpress Chart Control - V14.1) and Bind Maps Control in my Windows 8.1 apps. When I compile it under platform "Any CPU" it show me the error where Bing Maps is only support x86 and x64.

Therefore I have no choice but compile it into 2 packages (x86 and x64). When I install the x86 deployment on the 32bit Windows 8.1 pc, it is working fine. But when I install the x64 deployment on 64bit Windows 8.1 pc, the Devexpress Chart Control crash and the application quit. 

I checked with Devexpress support team and they claimed that their control is support 64bit and tested it is working fine with my sample code provided to them.

Thereafter I remove the Bing Maps Control from my project and compile it under platform "Any CPU" and target "Any CPU". The deployment is working fine on 32bit and 64bit pc.

Now I have no clue what could be the problem and really need your advice.

Thanks.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 12:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Walter Yong,

I'm not familiar with how Bing Maps works in Windows Store App, but from your description, it looks like the Bing Map Control and your Chart Control conflict somewhere in the x64 app. You may visit Bing map forum for a better support: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=bingmapswindows8

Thanks for your understanding.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 11, 2014 1:41 AM