none
Search Pushpins RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to integrate Bing map using geolocation filed in SharePoint which is done, now i am looking to add search functionality using which a user can search added pushpins using an address from the SharePoint list, is it possible or i will have to host my data as datasource on bing ? any help with this is appreciated. 

Shyam Bhanushali

Monday, September 9, 2019 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Shyam41087,

Are you using Microsoft Search in SharePoint? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftsearch/

Basically, how are you adding the map?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, September 9, 2019 4:39 PM
    Owner
  • Hi, currently i added a GeoLocation type filed in a sharepoint list which allows me to take location cords as an input and it would automatically load the map for me in the list view.

i am trying to create a page with map view with a search box where a user can search for the only pushpins that has been added in the sharepoint list.

thanks for the help,

Shyam

Shyam Bhanushali

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:00 PM
  • Hi Shyam,

The dropdown would be outside of the app and control it's contents.  Please take a look at https://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#Simple%20Store%20Locator

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:18 PM
    Owner
  • Hi, Thanks for responding so quick, but the api you suggested will query the spatial datasource hosted on bing servers right? i want it to query my sharepoint list data.

Shyam Bhanushali

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:36 PM
  • The sample is actually a result set.  You should be able to ingest your data instead of the REST response.  My assumption is that you are presenting something much like a shop finder.  You would do the drop down work independent of the map and then just show the result set on that map.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:52 PM
    Owner
  • I see now what you are saying but my main concern is search, if someone want to search using an address, the search box should show some suggestions, like we get on google and those suggestions should only come from the sharepoint list. i really appreciate you helping me with this.

Shyam Bhanushali

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 6:17 PM
  • Hi Shyam,

Let's break this down more succinctly. Think of this in two parts:

1. When you build the dropdown in sharepoint you will only populate it with your contents.

2. When a person chooses an address from that list, you will update the separate map control to show that address.

Does that clarify?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:09 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, i have a search box instead of drop down. 

Shyam Bhanushali

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:59 AM
  • Hi Shyam,

The choice between search box or dropdown is your choice.  It is my experience that I can fill a dropdown and it allows users to select based only on the contents I provide.  On the "selection" event, you can perform the action to update the map to center on the location of the item selected.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:14 PM
    Owner
  • That makes sense but i am trying to give them a searchbox where they searh locations based on the address the provide. Thanks

Shyam Bhanushali

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:14 PM
  • Excellent! So a design similar to the shopfinder should work for you.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:17 PM
    Owner