how to get rid from deleted projects RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I'm using TFS 2008.

by using the "TFSDeleteProject" command I deleted 2 projects I created for testing.

from some reason when opening the source control explorer I can still see the project I already deleted.

When reconnecting the TFS server I can see only 1 project but in the folder tree on the source control explorer I

see them all.

I tried to remove read permission etc but I can still see the deleted projects.

any idea?

Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:13 PM

Answers

• If you have selected the option in Visual Studio to see deleted folders you will always see the old project top level tabs even though they have indeed been deleted.

Tools->Options->Source Control->Visual Studio Team Foundation Server->Show Deleted Items in Source Control Explorer

If you see a deleted folder in Team Explorer you should probably clear your cache....

Friday, August 15, 2008 7:03 AM

All replies

• By chance do you have both the 2005 Team Explorer and 2008 Team Explorer (or just the 2005 version) installed on the machine you're running TFSDeleteProject from?  I'm just thinking maybe you're somehow running the 2005 version of the TFSDeleteProject utility (even though you have TFS 2008 installed).

Hope this helps.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:16 PM
  • Also, could you perhaps have the option "Show deleted items in Source Control Explorer" enabled (Visual Studio, Tools, Source Control, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server)?

BTW: how are the deleted files shown? Do they look like normal folders or are they marked differently?
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:36 PM
  • If you have selected the option in Visual Studio to see deleted folders you will always see the old project top level tabs even though they have indeed been deleted.

Tools->Options->Source Control->Visual Studio Team Foundation Server->Show Deleted Items in Source Control Explorer

If you see a deleted folder in Team Explorer you should probably clear your cache....

Friday, August 15, 2008 7:03 AM