none
How can I copy a formula down the entire length of my data...30,000+ rows RRS feed

• Question

• I need to copy a formula down the entire length of my data rows. Is there any shortcut way to do that rather than holding down my mouse button and copying?
    Monday, March 16, 2015 2:06 PM

Answers

• If you turn the data into a table before you put the formula into the topmost cell, when you add the formula, it's automagically copied down for you.

The double click the bottom right corner thing works too as long as the column to the right is continuous down to the last row of data; if there are any breaks, the copy will stop at the first blank cell. Try it on a small set of data to see how it works.

• Marked as answer by ITBobbyP Monday, March 16, 2015 6:49 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 2:54 PM

All replies

• Try double clicking the little black dot in the lower right corner :-)

Maurice

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. Thank You

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:09 PM
  • If you turn the data into a table before you put the formula into the topmost cell, when you add the formula, it's automagically copied down for you.

The double click the bottom right corner thing works too as long as the column to the right is continuous down to the last row of data; if there are any breaks, the copy will stop at the first blank cell. Try it on a small set of data to see how it works.

• Marked as answer by ITBobbyP Monday, March 16, 2015 6:49 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 2:54 PM
  • Perfect! Thank You Both!
    Monday, March 16, 2015 6:49 PM