Windows Azure - attach local storage RRS feed

• Question

• I am a newbie to Windows Azure.

I have managed to create a VM (win server 2008R2) and can log into the VM no problems. I would like to add some files from my local C: drive to the VM. In other words, I want to attach external storage to the VM. Please help me. These files contain some SQL Server images that I would like to install on the VM.

Please assist.

Friday, November 30, 2012 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You should be able top copy-paste files from a local drive to the VM drive in Remote Desktop.

If the files are very large, you can create a storage service and a Blob container in Azure and upload the files to blob stirage from your local PC and then download them onto the VM.

Azure Storage Explorer has the functioanlity to upload abd downlaod files in Blob storage, it's a free install here:

http://azurestorageexplorer.codeplex.com

Regards,

Alan

Free e-book: Windows Azure Service Bus Developer Guide.

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You should be able top copy-paste files from a local drive to the VM drive in Remote Desktop.

If the files are very large, you can create a storage service and a Blob container in Azure and upload the files to blob stirage from your local PC and then download them onto the VM.

Azure Storage Explorer has the functioanlity to upload abd downlaod files in Blob storage, it's a free install here:

http://azurestorageexplorer.codeplex.com

Regards,

Alan

Free e-book: Windows Azure Service Bus Developer Guide.

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:16 AM
  • Hi,

Much thanks for the reply. Have just installed the azure storage explorer and all is working fine for now.

Is it possible though to see the entire C: drive on my local pc, on the VM because I have several large zip files that I want to be able to access and intall on the VM?

Many thanks.

Please assist
    Friday, November 30, 2012 12:26 PM