Build windows store apps RRS feed

• Question

• i try to build an windows store app but get this error:

Package.appxmanifest (19): App manifest references badge logo image 'Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-140.png' which has not valid dimensions. It must be 34x34 pixels.

But when compile / Package with Visual Studio dont get an error and the image should be 33x33 like it is. Not 34x34 like the build server is saying. Bug?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your post.

What’s the version of your TFS, TFS 2012 Update 2?

On build agent machine, try to build your windows store app using VS 2012 Update 2, what’s the result?

How to build windows store app using Team Build, please refer to the information in this document: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh691189.aspx.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Hi Dave, 

If misunderstood anything, please describe your question in more detail and we will try to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

Its TFSService, preview build server, and i am using Update 2 too. so dont see why there is a difference in those sizes?

gr dave

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:01 AM
  • Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your reply.

You mean that you’re using TFS Service, and you selected the Windows 8.1 Preview Controller to build your store apps project? Your windows store app project is Windows 8.1 Preview app? 

If you can reproduce this issue in a test windows store apps project, could you send the test store apps project to me? I will try to reproduce this scenario(build this test store apps project in my VS 2012 Update 2 and in the Windows 8.1 Preview Controller separately).

To build Windows store apps project in Windows 8.1 Preview Controller, you can refer to the Build Windows 8.1 Preview Store apps section in here: http://tfs.visualstudio.com/en-us/learn/hosted-build-controller-in-vs#winblue.

And I suggest you contact Window Store app experts to confirm it should be 33x33 or 34x34 pixels.

John Qiao [MSFT]

Friday, June 28, 2013 9:41 AM
  • I got the same error on my Hosted Builds with   /package . Moving the builds to an on premise build server solved the error. so, I would say definitely a bug on the elastich build service... 

greetings,

clemens

http://www.ClemensReijnen.nl

Monday, July 1, 2013 12:05 PM
  • and using windows 8 (not 8.1) with visual studio 2012 on visualstudio.com with a hsoted build server. The problem is with a badge image on the 140x scale

Monday, July 1, 2013 12:07 PM
  • Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your reply.

If you can build this windows store app project on on-premise build controller, and only received this error on Hosted Build Controller, please submit it to Microsoft Connect Feedback portal at: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.  

John Qiao [MSFT]

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:14 AM
  • Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:23 AM