Fatal System Error c000021a RRS feed

• Question

• I am running XP SP3 on my PC. For the last several months, I had been having an issue with the jcript.dll and vbscript.dll not registering which caused a host of issues. Finally, I got them to successfully register on 4 of 5 Users. However on the last one, my PC displayed an error message and shut down.

When i rebooted, it goes get to the Windows StartUp blue screen and just locks up. 

I was able to boot using the XP CDs. When I do a Windows Repair, it goes through the whole process but when the PC tries to boot, I get this error message: Fatal System Error - c000021a ..... status of 0xc00000080.

I can get to the Windows Recovery Console.  However, my tech knowledge is not sufficient to do much here. I'm leary on doing a BOOTCFG or FIXBOOT without backing up my files. 

I have 2 hard drives in the PC (C:and F:).  All of the programs are running on C:

After reading all of hte MS Support kb's (ad nauseum), I believe the best bet is to 1) copy all documents from teh C drive to teh F drive. and 2) reinstall XP.

1) Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2) What's the best way to copy documents from the C drive to teh the D drive? I've read about ubuntu and am strongly considering using this.

thanks!

Tim

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:26 PM

All replies

• Does anyone read the topic at the top of this forum? I don't recall it saying "Troubleshooting Windows."

What does this have to do with Windows Events or even Windows Development for that matter?
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:47 PM