none
Error during Uninstalling BTS 2006 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to uninstall BizTalk Server 2006 from my standalone PC but I am not able to uninstall. Am receiving the following Internal Error 2738.

My BTS 2006 is installed in Vista Business Edition.

Can anyone help me.

Best Regards,

Kimi.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:13 PM

All replies

• Do you have correct set of permissions to execute this operation? Also if you could attach the log file to this thread, that would help in getting to the bottom of this step. I think the log file is stored under the temp folder. Start -> Run -> %temp%

Thanks

Mohsin Kalam

www.mohsink.com - Blog about Microsoft BizTalk R2 EDI

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:53 AM
  • Hi Mohsin,

BTS 2006 was working fine sometime back. But recently i have installed a patch update for SQL Server 2005 and later I was not able to view the BTS Datatses like - BizTalkDTADb, BizTalkMgmtDb, BizTalkMsgBoxDb & BizTalkRuleEngineDb in MS SQL Server Management Studio. However, the DBs exist under the path- "Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data". It is very strange.

When i try to open BTS Administration Console, it prompts me to connect to an Existing Group which i don't see. Further, i tried to open BTS Server Configuration but am not able to view it as it states that - You require Administrative Privileges. However, I am a part of Administrative group.

So I have thought of reinstalling BTS 2006 and reinstall it again, but i can't do so.

Hmmm, what can the problem arise?

I'll mail you the snap shot of the log what you have asked for.

Best Regards,

Kimi.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:49 AM
  • Are there any events in the deinstallation process?
    Make sure all service instances are terminated and all host instances are stopped.
    Friday, December 7, 2007 5:05 AM
  • If you have not already resolved your situation, I would recommend trying to reattach your SQL databases again. It sounds like during the install of the SQL 2005 patch update the databases were either taken offline or detatched. In SQL Management Studio this would be available when right-clicking on the Databases folder under your SQL Server name in the Object Explorer. You can click on the "Attach..." item and then click on the "Add" button and browse to the database files that are not showing up in the list of databases. This should enable the BTS Admin Console to see the databases again.

Thanks,

Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:45 PM