none
Exchange 2010 Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Exchange 2010 with one domain , we are going to add another domain to our environment. I am looking for documentation to know what I need to do as far as adding the new domain to users and make it their default email address, we are going from lastname, firstname to firstname.lastname@newdomain.org. Also do I need to update my Exchange certificates etc?

Thanks

Pat

Friday, April 11, 2014 1:41 PM

Answers

• HI Pat,

You need to add the URL to the certificate and apply on Exchange server.

You can generate a NEW CSR with all the URL as a SAN entry and replace it on the server.

• Marked as answer by Pat001 Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:42 AM

All replies

• You need to add autodiscover.newdomain.org name to Exchange certificate. Also, if you are going to use OWA name on new domain, you need to add that one also. However, first question is are you going to use new domain just as SMTP domain, or also as web domain for services like OWA; OA etc.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

Monday, April 21, 2014 8:11 PM
  • SMTP and OWA
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:21 AM
  • HI Pat,

You need to add the URL to the certificate and apply on Exchange server.

You can generate a NEW CSR with all the URL as a SAN entry and replace it on the server.

• Marked as answer by Pat001 Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:42 AM
  • for the default new email address you will need to setup a new email address policy. Test is first on a test mailbox and then apply to all.

Where Technology Meets Talent

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:24 AM
  • Can I ask how is this done please? I have an issue with my certificate where it has a mismatch of addresses. It is confused between the internal address and the external address.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:00 AM