Removing the dll / infrastructure project dependencies from web project. RRS feed

• Question

• User-725020093 posted

Hi,

I have an asp.net application which has h/w interface project (dll) that contains 3rd party dlls and other classes which is used for the application to  interface with external hardware device. I want to move all the code,classes and other infrastructure code from this project into the web project and remove this project from the build and install the 3rd party dlls the code in the class reference to be installed in the deployment server. I want to remove this h/w interface  project and move all the dependency into the main website project and the 3rd party dlls to be installed on the sever. What is the best way to move the project , can I use resharper for this please help me.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:47 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

remove this h/w interface  project and move all the dependency into the main website project and the 3rd party dlls to be installed on the sever.

All DLLs are included in bin file, it seems that this is what you want, see: Force external files to be copied to bin folder on publish

Please let me know if you need any help.

With regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2015 3:38 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Could it be that some of those 3rd party librairies are available only as 32 bit DLLs? In this case you likely won't be able to run your app in 64 bit mode (the architecture have to match ie you can't mix both 32 bit and 64 bit compiled code).

Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:32 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

remove this h/w interface  project and move all the dependency into the main website project and the 3rd party dlls to be installed on the sever.

All DLLs are included in bin file, it seems that this is what you want, see: Force external files to be copied to bin folder on publish

Please let me know if you need any help.

With regards,

Angie

Friday, September 18, 2015 3:38 AM
  • User-725020093 posted

I have some dlls that run on 32 bit environment that are giving error(server is 64 bit env). I don't want to enable 32 bit settings in iis. In that case is there any other alternative like moving the dlls of 3rd party vendors to gac. The restructuring of project that I want to acheive is something of this sort ASP.Net website has dlls in bin for 3rd party Infrastructure proj which has static classes and other wrapper classes for the 3rd party vendor dll that it references. At build the dll for this proj is getting created in bin and iam xcopying the 3rd party vendor dll to bin which gives error in 64 bit iis. So Iam moving all the files from 3rd party Infrastructure proj to a folder in website itself and want to some how move the 3rd party vendor dll from bin folder.

Thanks for replying Angie

Friday, September 18, 2015 4:27 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Could it be that some of those 3rd party librairies are available only as 32 bit DLLs? In this case you likely won't be able to run your app in 64 bit mode (the architecture have to match ie you can't mix both 32 bit and 64 bit compiled code).

Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:32 AM