encript ConnectionString and modify webconfig file through enterorilabrary 5 or 6 RRS feed

• Question

• User1462899359 posted

hello

every expertise, i m new to enterprise Library 5.. now i m going to a build a distribute enterprise webservice application. Now i study a lot of things . Like Enterprise library , design pattern, wcf and architectural issues.

now my application have a xml file where contain connectionstring information like initialCatelog, userID and several connectionstring... all of information are encryted.

now i want to build connectionstrings value like initialcatelog, userid, password etc and final add to web.config file with encryted.

finaly " ********* When create connection the connectionstring will be get from webconfig file and decrypted connectinstring and make connection..

so any one help me better link or code ..

thanks

Maksud

Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:21 PM

All replies

• User-837620913 posted

The Enterprise Library configuration tools have this built-in.

Here is the process (from this documentation):

To encrypt a configuration section

1. Open one of the Enterprise Library configuration tools.
    2. Open an existing configuration file or create a new one.
    3. Click the chevron arrow at the right of name of the application block whose configuration information you want to encrypt.
    4. In the Properties pane, click the drop-down list for the Protection Provider property.
    5. Select either DataProtectionConfigurationProvider or RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider.
    Friday, September 13, 2013 5:25 AM