none
Selector Configuration?

Question

• Hi guys!

I have a question about designer, is there any way I can cofigure (I am i want to change information which are showed there, let's say I just want to show only methods over there) the part I checked on image below?

I am sorry but I don't know the name of this, so I called it selector.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Vasquez21,

This is named Navigation bar in Text Editor. It used to navigate to one member in classes quickly.

According to your description, you want to filter this navigation bar to just show methods, is it right?

I'm afraid that there doesn't have such settings for this function. I suggest you submit your requirement to Visual Studio User Voice and then share the feedback link here, it can let other communities who has the same requirement to vote and add comments for your feedback.

At present, if you want to find one member quickly in the navigation bar, please try select the last combobox in the navigation bar that you quoted in screenshot, and then input the first letter of the method that you want to find, it will navigate to all members which start with the letter you inputted.

Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio product.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Vasquez21,

>>I have a question about designer, is there any way I can cofigure (I am i want to change information which are showed there, let's say I just want to show only methods over there) the part I checked on image below?

I guess you can't configure the panel, it is a lite of object browser, the panel will show all the member of the object which you chooses.

Windows Forms Designer Discuss features of the Windows Forms designer inside of Visual Studio as well as custom control designers and hosting the Windows Forms designer in your app.

Since your issue is more relate to vs studio designer, I will move your thread to that forum for better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Moonlight

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:46 AM
  • Hi Vasquez21,

This is named Navigation bar in Text Editor. It used to navigate to one member in classes quickly.

According to your description, you want to filter this navigation bar to just show methods, is it right?

I'm afraid that there doesn't have such settings for this function. I suggest you submit your requirement to Visual Studio User Voice and then share the feedback link here, it can let other communities who has the same requirement to vote and add comments for your feedback.

At present, if you want to find one member quickly in the navigation bar, please try select the last combobox in the navigation bar that you quoted in screenshot, and then input the first letter of the method that you want to find, it will navigate to all members which start with the letter you inputted.

Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio product.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:50 AM