none
Getting following error when trying to get developer licence for win 8.1

Question

• Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration : The developer license installation
    was canceled.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Show-WindowsDeveloperLice
       nseRegistration], OperationCanceledException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AcquireDeveloperLicenseCanceled,Microsoft.Window
       s.DeveloperLicense.Commands.ShowWindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistrationCommand
    Friday, November 11, 2016 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Aneesh,

I find some ways to handle this issue, and you could try.
    1. Run command prompt ad administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Type netsh winhttp reset proxy at the command prompt, and press Enter. Try to get license again.

2. You could make sure that the system date and time could be set to the correct local time.

3. You could try to install Windows updates.

I also find this thread may be helpful to you.
    If you still experience this issue when you have tried the above ways, please create support ticket through you developer account through so that you will receive more professional help.

Best Regards,
    Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:31 AM
  • Hi Cherry,

Thank you very much for your valuable replay.

I tried your suggestions,unfortunately it doesn;t solve the problem.

I tried from command prompt as well as Visual Studio IDE, iam getting ascript error,

When I tried to renew the licence, it is processing for a while and throws a script error stating that an error has occurred in the script on the page "https://auth.gfx.ms/16.000.26709.00/DefaultLogin_Pcore.js". It is asking whether to continue running.

Regards

Aneesh Chandran

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Hi Aneesh,

I have reported this issue to Microsoft related team and they are working hard to fix this. So please wait patiently, I will update if I get any reply.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:32 AM