none
I have a slight problem, and I'm not sure what to do. RRS feed

• Question

• Back in January of 2010, I downloaded and installed the Windows 7 RC to try it out and see how it was. However, I lost my internet at the end of that month and have been without it since then, up until now. As most of you are aware probably, the RC shuts down every 2 hours and some important features are unavailable. I've read up on restoring to an old version of windows is done through the windows.old folder, but in march of 2010 i assumed that was taking up space and deleted it. My computer is old, I believe from 06, and the warranty/support access to Dell has long run out. I used to have Windows XP, but I no longer own the disks and have no way of obtaining a copy. Is there anything I can do about this bi-hourly shutdown? I just started school Wednesday to get my AA and its an extreme inconvenience, as I was doing a diagnostic test for my composition class and it just so happened to have its little shutdown joy in the middle of the test. Any suggestions/help that can be given is extremely appreciated. My name is Tyler. I also didn't know where to post this, so if it could be moved to wherever is appropriate it would be appreciated as well.
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Tylor,

this is a special forum for WPT / performance issues only.
    Please move to the right place.

Thx and BR

Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:01 AM