none
ODMA and Word 2013 onwards RRS feed

• Question

• There was an earlier question on this topic but apparently no answers. Is ODMA supposed to work with Word 2013 and Word 2016? It doesn't appear to. The basic issue seems to be that the odma32.dll methods require ansi strings and Word is supplying unicode strings. There was a registry setting introduced for (I believe) Word 97 to get it to use ansi strings rather than the default unicode strings.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ODMA32\ANSIOnNT

This appears to work up to Word 2010 but is ignored by Word 2013 and 2016. The ODMA methods are called and since there's not a large amount of string data going from Word to ODMA this appears to mostly work but fails where string data is returned from odma to Word. This happens when the ODMSAveAs method isn't given a valid format (document extension) and the returned document id doesn't seem to produce the correct response from Word which should be a call to ODMOpenDoc, followed by ODMSaveDoc and finally ODMCloseDoc.

Is ODMA dead for Office 2013 users?

Friday, November 11, 2016 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Do you develop with ODMA 1 or ODMA2?

For this issue, I would suggest you try to check whether the link below is helpful.

# Configuring Microsoft Office for ODMA

http://odma.info/faq/1998/Q980101.htm

In addition, I would suggest you contact ODMA supporter for help, they are more familiar with ODMA.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 5:56 AM