none
How to use a AspxGridView to update the database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I would like to know how to easily use a devexpress(aspxgridview) to update records in my database.
    I have a Web Form set up with the aspxgridview on it. The gridview is linked to a Sqldatasource and the datasource.
    The datasource has the already autogenerated Select/Update(with accompanying parameters) statements.
    I attempt to run and test by modifying one of the fields but after I click Update and check my table record,
    it nulls out the field I changed plus 3 more(2 are dates).
    Not sure what am I missing?
    Any help appreciated.
    Regards,
    Patrick

Friday, October 19, 2018 5:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please use their support

https://www.devexpress.com/support/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, October 19, 2018 5:27 PM
  • Hi Karen,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I don't have a devexpress account.

I was just hoping to see if someone here could help.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:28 PM
  • I've been here for ten years, this is the first question I've seen on this so I would not hold your breathe.

If you like the library then pay for it then get support.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:44 PM
  • hello,

why not take a look at their demos, and I think they should have a trial offer to try the product, here is a link for the demos devexpress(aspxgridview), and here is a link for the trial https://www.devexpress.com/products/try/.

Hope it helps,

Good Coding;

Friday, October 19, 2018 8:07 PM
  • hello,

why not take a look at their demos, and I think they should have a trial offer to try the product, here is a link for the demos devexpress(aspxgridview), and here is a link for the trial https://www.devexpress.com/products/try/.

Hope it helps,

Good Coding;

The real issue here is they are using a paid product and should pay for it and be registered which would provide them support.

Bottom line is this library cost the company to produce and should be paid for, otherwise the company loses revenue.

VB Forums - moderator

Friday, October 19, 2018 9:09 PM
  • hello Karen,

I totally agree with you, it's for sure the effort made by a team to produce the product with such features, it is a long marathon through a lot of sprints, etc..., for me it is ethical, if you use a product for production then you should pay for it, otherwise they still have the trial or community editions if they need to test and know about the product and its features.

Good Coding;

Friday, October 19, 2018 9:37 PM
  • Thanks a lot Cherkaoui,

The demo video there was just what I needed!

We are trying out the Devexpress Suite right now and like the new controls

so looks we'll definitely be buying after the trials.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Monday, October 22, 2018 7:56 PM
  • Welcome, Patrick,

I'm glad that the docs help you, it is always a pleasure to contribute :) 

Best Regards,

Mouad.

Monday, October 22, 2018 8:48 PM