Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Trial: Fresh install: Microsoft Visual Studio COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Trial.  I ran it up and signed in to Visual Studio Online.  The above error occurred.  The application terminates. Brilliant! Any ideas to resolve this, please?

Jean-Pierre Fouché

Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Jean-Pierre,

If I haven't misunderstand this issue, it occurs when you are signing your account online. Can you help me do a simple test? I need you to test this issue on creating some projects. If you cannot reproduce it when creating projects, please share your full exception info here. The troubleshooting steps should depends on your specific error.

In general, I would recommend you repair Visual Studio from control panel first.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, December 30, 2013 9:05 AM
    Friday, December 20, 2013 8:29 AM