none
Message received by adaptor is suspended, Reason: Root element is missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

We are on   Visual Studio 2005 Professional,   BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Enterprise. We are using nSoftware to pick a xml file from a remote SFTP server. We have defined a Receive SFTP PipePline for this. Our receive port on our orchestration is using this receive pipeline. Once we get this XML file, we expect the file to go into message box and then to its final destination which is specified in the send port of our orchestration. But this won't happen.

Actually the xml file does come into our Archive folder which we have specfied in the configuration pipeline properties of the receive pipleline. But the event log gives below error.

A message received by adapter "nsoftware.SFTP v3" on receive location "RcvEmployeeBatch_SFTP" with URI "SFTP://p72_xyzxfer@123.456.789.11:22233/*.xml" is suspended.Error details: There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "XYZ.PROJ.Pipelines.ReceiveXYZBatchPipeline, XVZ.PROJ.Pipelines, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c1234334333434" Source: "PSTBatchStamp" Receive Port: "RcvEmployeeBatch" URI: "SFTP://://p72_xyzxfer@123.456.789.11:22233/*.xml" Reason: Root element is missing.

MessageId: {01121212121212121212232323232332323}

InstanceID: 123455666-323232323-2323-3439-34343434}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hi ZShaikh,

Just to extend that you need to go to the Messages tab of the Transport Properties window of your receive location RcvEmployeeBatch_SFTP and select "Body" to specify that the body of the XML payload at your SFTP receive location would actually be sent to the BizTalk MessageBox. After doing this, confirm whether you still get "Root element is missing" error, I suppose you should not.
    Please mark as answer if this helps you. Thanks and warm regards Ambar Ray EAI Architect - Microsoft Technologies
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The XML file you are receiving must be invalid.

Try only using your archiving send port (uninlist the orchestration). Use the PassTrueReceive pipeline on your receivelocation and the PassTrueTransmit pipeline on the archiving send port.

You should then be able to check the original file in you archiving folder.

Best Regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:31 AM
  • Hi ZShaikh,

You need to configure your receive location. Open BizTalk Administration console. Go to your application's receive locations. Double click RcvEmployeeBatch_SFTP. In the Transport Properties window, see whether Body is selected because we only want the message body from the XML payload to go to the BizTalk MessageBox. In this case the "Root Element is missing" error might disappear.
    Please mark as answer if this helps you. Thanks and warm regards Ambar Ray EAI Architect - Microsoft Technologies
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:37 AM
  • Hi ZShaikh,

Just to extend that you need to go to the Messages tab of the Transport Properties window of your receive location RcvEmployeeBatch_SFTP and select "Body" to specify that the body of the XML payload at your SFTP receive location would actually be sent to the BizTalk MessageBox. After doing this, confirm whether you still get "Root element is missing" error, I suppose you should not.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:40 AM
  • Thanks Ambar,

But when I go to messages tab transport properties of our SFTP receive location RcvEmployeeBatch_SFTP,  I do not see body. Where can I see this set up ?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:04 PM