locked
Audio glitches appending a topologie with a tee node to a sequencer source RRS feed

  • Question

  • Altought the sequencer source seems to perform relatively glitch-free, I have one scenario that makes it glitch consistently.  Here's what I do:

    1) Create session, source sequencer, etc.

    2) Create a topology: media source->tee node->audio renderers (1 or more).

    3) Append topology to sequencer source.

    4) Set Topology on Media Session.

    5) Start session (playback).

     

    Now this works all well and the audio starts playing.  Then:

    6) Create another topology: (different url) media source ->tee node->audio renderers (1 or more).

    7) Append topology to sequencer source.

     

    As soon as I do that, the MENewPresentation is called and I queue the next segment by calling SetTopology.  When this happens, the currently playing audio stops for 3-4 seconds and then resumes.  Note, that the delay does not occur when there is no tee node in the topology.

     

    I have created this situation by modifying the playlist SDK sample.

     

    How can I get this officially into a bug tracking system?

     

    Marc

    Friday, May 25, 2007 7:49 PM

Answers

  • OK, that's exactly what I need to know; thanks for all the details.  We'll try this at home, and get back to you once we have something to say about it.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:56 PM

All replies

  • To precise what I am trying to accomplish, I am queuing up topology not so much for making a tradition playlist but to transition playing a stream on different audio renderers, adding and removing renderers while the stream is playing.  Basically "reconfiguring" the topology on the fly.

     

    I know I might be using it in a fashion that was not intended to but isn't it the best compliment to a API team!

     

    Marc

    Friday, May 25, 2007 7:58 PM
  • Many thanks :-) 

    Reconfiguring a topology on the fly is definitely something that we thought of in our sequencer design, so you should be able to do this.

     

    Let me ask you something: Have you tried a sequence like this:

     

    Src --> Decoder --> Tee --> AudioRenderer1

     

    followed by

     

    Src --> Decoder --> Tee --> AudioRenderer2

     

    (Yes, I know my tees each have only one output; I'm trying to see if we can isolate the problem)

    And are you saying that in the absence of those tee nodes the transition works a lot better?

     

     

    Monday, June 4, 2007 5:05 PM
  • I have implemented your test and I don't hear any glitches when doing it.

     

    Yes, if there are no tee node (Src --> Decoder --> AudioRenderer1) there is no problem.  If I do the following:

    Src --> Decoder --> AudioRenderer1

    followed by:

    Src --> Decoder --> AudioRenderer1

     

    I don't hear any glitching when adding the second topology.

     

    To further confirm the problem I did the following:

    Src --> Decoder --> Tee --> AudioRenderer1

    followed by

    Src --> Decoder --> Tee --> AudioRenderer1, AudioRenderer2

     

    When I add the second topology, I hear glitching on the Audio Renderer 1.

     

    I also tried the following:

    Src --> Decoder --> AudioRenderer1

    followed by:

    Src --> Decoder --> Tee --> AudioRenderer1, AudioRenderer2

     

    I also hear glitching on the Audio Renderer 1 when I add the second topology.

    Monday, June 4, 2007 5:54 PM
  • OK, that's exactly what I need to know; thanks for all the details.  We'll try this at home, and get back to you once we have something to say about it.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:56 PM