none
StartMenu empty RRS feed

• Question

• After the recent Windows Update patch tuesday (13-08-2019) my StartMenu is near-empty for about 15 minutes after logon.

We use the latest FSLogix release. Before the updates StartMenu was working fine.

I found a cmd line workaround to fill up the startmenu again, but it would be nice if this could be fixed. The rest of the profile loads fine and after a while my StartMenu reappears.

Any thoughts? Can I rebuild a cache or temp thingy?

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:21 AM

All replies

• Are you using redirections.xml?  I found issues when using that and AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches borks up the tile portion of the start menu.  
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

It would be a good idea to submit a support ticket for this issue. It is strange that the Start Menu items would start appearing after some time.

Could you elaborate on near empty? (Are all the basic Windows items there and only profile specific info is missing?)

Could you share the command line work around you found?

Submit a FSLogix Support Request

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:24 PM
  • Hmm. I was implementing redirects.xml and disabled it after the startmenu problems. I now reactivated it, but without the Caches entry. 

I rebooted, logged on and my startmenu was good. I will try again tomorrow. 

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:33 PM