News feed for releases and change notes ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a way to have a news feed about new features/new releases ? 

I see 2 needs :

- The first one would be to have a RSS feed or something like that to be notified when a new release is out with its new features/changes/bug corrections.

- The second one (I think it wont be possible but it would be cool if it would be) : see somewhere the roadmap about the future features that will be developed.

Thanks

Steeve

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 1:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Steeve,

Thank you for your suggestions and I have the following answers for you:

1. I have passed this RSS suggestion to the IoT Team but we are small part of the greater Windows 10 OS group so I would also suggest that you work through the Windows Insiders as they set pre-release access.

2. I agree it would be cool to have a crystal ball to know what features are coming! However, features are only available once they are investigated and developed.  Microsoft works on the Agile model so work bubbles to the top based on a number of factors so there is not any concrete schedule for or guarantee if a particular feature will be implemented. 

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:00 PM
  • Hi Iot Girl,

Thanks. 

1) I'm already on Windows Insiders :) it's just that I don't go to the latest release page/release notes every day. This was just to see if i could be notified when there is a change ;) .... 

2) I understand, I was just hoping there was a roadmap or something like that but I know Agile constraints and agility changes :)

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:41 PM
  • Hi Steeve,

Each communication method requires oversight / overhead so I suspect the best common denominator is to check when you have time to play with / investigate the latest release.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:34 PM
  • Hi Steeve,

We upload the relapse notes that contain new features and known issues at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/win10/releasenotesinsiderpreview

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Friday, July 22, 2016 7:44 PM