none
Difference between 'Include in project' or not

Question

• Hi,

I was trying to copy some .h or .cpp files to a project. Although the files were already seen in 'Show All Files', them were not 'include in project', I should right click and choose 'include in project'. But if I do not do this, the project is also can be build and run. So I wonder what is the difference between files 'include in project' or not.

And I want to know the meaning of marks on the right bottom of icon, for example, the mark of this file is not 'include in project', where can I find the help doc? 

Thank you!

Regards,

DaltonDay

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:33 PM

Answers

• Exclude from project means that the file will not be compiled - but it is not deleted - as oppose to the 'delete' option.
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Hi DaltonDay,

>> Exclude from project means that the file will not be compiled - but it is not deleted - as oppose to the 'delete' option.

Yes, in C++ project, if the .cpp file and .h file are not include in project, they won't be compiled.

In your situation, when you copy them into your project and don't include in project, it can build successful, this is because there doesn't use the content in .cpp and .h file. If you are using some content in these files and don't include them in project, when compiling, it will tell you file can't be found.

For your second problem, I still can't find a red circle with one line which on the right bottom of these files. Please tell us what's type of these files?

And we often ask one questions in one thread, which can let communities focus one problem every time and benefit to us resolve the problem. So I suggest you create a new thread with screenshot for your second problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, April 15, 2016 1:03 AM

All replies

• Hi DaltonDay,

>> And I want to know the meaning of marks on the right bottom of icon, for example, the mark of this file is not 'include in project', where can I find the help doc? 

Could you please provide a screenshot to help me understand what's the right bottom of icon do you mean?

According to your description, I create a sample project and find the same result with you, not matter whether I include in project or not, the file also can be used in my project when developing my project.

But after I publish my project, I find that if the file is not include in project, it won't be published to the package.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:14 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

Thank you for your reply. 

Sorry, I can not insert image or link in the reply. However, you have already create a sample project and copy the files to this project. The icon what I mean is the red circle with one line which on the right bottom of these files. I want to find the doc which explains these icons' meaning. 

So the difference between 'include in project' or not is the files are included in the package or not, thanks!

Regards,

DaltonDay

Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Exclude from project means that the file will not be compiled - but it is not deleted - as oppose to the 'delete' option.
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Hi DaltonDay,

>> Exclude from project means that the file will not be compiled - but it is not deleted - as oppose to the 'delete' option.

Yes, in C++ project, if the .cpp file and .h file are not include in project, they won't be compiled.

In your situation, when you copy them into your project and don't include in project, it can build successful, this is because there doesn't use the content in .cpp and .h file. If you are using some content in these files and don't include them in project, when compiling, it will tell you file can't be found.

For your second problem, I still can't find a red circle with one line which on the right bottom of these files. Please tell us what's type of these files?

And we often ask one questions in one thread, which can let communities focus one problem every time and benefit to us resolve the problem. So I suggest you create a new thread with screenshot for your second problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, April 15, 2016 1:03 AM