got error when i try to run my WebService on Windows-7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i try to run my WebService on Windows-7 64bit and get this error:

(its run excellent on others same computers)

Could not load file or assembly 'MakeSDF.XmlSerializers' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'MakeSDF.XmlSerializers' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Source Error: 
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'MakeSDF.XmlSerializers' could not be loaded.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is your webservice (and all other projects it's using) compiled for 64 bit environments? Think for instance about referenced assemblies like log4net. They sometimes have an x86 specific assembly, making it impossible to run on x64 machines.

To have IIS accept 32 bit applications, follow these steps:

• Enable 32 bit ASP.NET IIS integration
        Open a command
        prompt, go to the non x64 framework folder of your choice (for instance
        C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319) and execute “aspnet_regiis
        –enable –i”
      • Enable 32 bit apps for 64 bit IIS
        Open a command prompt
        and execute “cscript.exe %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set
        W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 true

If you do not have the admin
        scripts installed, install the from the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ option
        in your Control Panel. The scripts are located under Internet Information
        Services – Web Management Tools – IIS 6 Management Compatibility – IIS 6
        Scripting Tools.

I’m not sure of any negative side-effects at this point.

Hope this helps

Mark the best replies as answers - Twitter: @rickvdbosch - Blog: http://bloggingabout.net/blogs/rick

• Marked as answer by E_gold Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:04 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:33 PM