Jeremy's PSS and Victor's Access PSS questions RRS feed

• Question

• User1092625187 posted

For those of you guys using goDaddy.com for hosting, Jeremy's script file to add tables into the SQL gave me problems.  What I figured out what the Query Anaylzer tool didnt like all the comments.  So all i did was did a search on "--" to find comments and deleted them and that worked. 

However, after that, I cannot create user or login because when I do that I get an error.  The error has something to do with the host not supporting Schema 1.  Anyone have a fix for this?

I also tried Victor's Access DB website template.  Anyone know what the connection string should be for goDaddy.com?

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

-thanks 

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:41 PM

All replies

• User593215468 posted

First, it would be helpful if you would copy and paste the error message you receive here so we can help you out better. Also if you are using Godaddy's MS SQL databases go to databases and to SQL server in their Hosting Manager. Then under the database you want to use there is an "Actions" and the first icon under there should be to "View Connection strings" and it shows you your connection strings in various forms.

~Eric

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:36 PM
  • User1092625187 posted

Here's the error I get... I'm trying to figure out what the connection string should be to connect to an Access database using DSN.

AccessFile is not valid: d:\hosting\jking3826\filedsn=d:\hosting\jking3826\_dsn\access_personal.dsn;pwd=xxx;uid=xxx

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: AccessFile is not valid: d:\hosting\jking3826\filedsn=d:\hosting\jking3826\_dsn\access_personal.dsn;pwd=xxx;uid=xxx

Source Error:

Line 241:                conn.Open();
    Line 242:            } catch {
    Line 243:                throw new Exception("AccessFile is not valid: "+fileName);
    Line 244:            }
    Line 245:            finally {

Source File: d:\hosting\jking3826\App_Code\csharp\AccessConnectionHelper.cs    Line: 243

Stack Trace:

[Exception: AccessFile is not valid: d:\hosting\jking3826\filedsn=d:\hosting\jking3826\_dsn\access_personal.dsn;pwd=xxx;uid=xxx]
       AccessProviders.AccessConnectionHelper.EnsureValidMdbFile(String fileName) in d:\hosting\jking3826\App_Code\csharp\AccessConnectionHelper.cs:243
       AccessProviders.AccessConnectionHelper.BuildConnectionForFileName(String dbFileName) in d:\hosting\jking3826\App_Code\csharp\AccessConnectionHelper.cs:84
       AccessProviders.AccessConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String dbFileName, Boolean revertImpersonation) in d:\hosting\jking3826\App_Code\csharp\AccessConnectionHelper.cs:131
       AccessProviders.AccessRoleProvider.RoleExists(String roleName) in d:\hosting\jking3826\App_Code\csharp\AccessRoleProvider.cs:310
       System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists(String roleName) +242
       ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hosting\jking3826\global.asax:7

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:30 PM