VS package build error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating simple vs package in vs 2013 professional edition. 

I am getting following error .

The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\resGen.exe" /str:c#,CA.SCM.Resource /publicClass Messages.resx" exited with code 3. "

Could you please help me in finding what happening wrong ?

I have 2013 sdk INSTALLED
    Friday, November 15, 2013 6:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please tell us how you created the VSPackage in Visual Studio 2013 ?

Since we could not find what the reason is from the error message above,please provide more details about the VSPackage or upload the sample project to SkyDrive so that we could reproduce this issue locally.

Please check the related document Walkthrough: Creating a VSPackage (Part 1 of 4) .

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 15, 2013 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell us how you created the VSPackage in Visual Studio 2013 ?

Since we could not find what the reason is from the error message above,please provide more details about the VSPackage or upload the sample project to SkyDrive so that we could reproduce this issue locally.

Please check the related document Walkthrough: Creating a VSPackage (Part 1 of 4) .

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, November 15, 2013 8:54 AM
  • cOULD YOU please explain above error ?
    Friday, November 15, 2013 8:57 AM
  • I feel sorry for that I am not able to explain the above error if I still have not understood how it occurred.

Could you please clarify the questions posted in my first reply?

Thanks.

Jane.

Friday, November 15, 2013 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if the type of resource class is internal and if the names of  .resources file, namespace and resource class are same.

We can find the information from the MSDN:

The switch /publicClass is used to "Creates a strongly typed resource class as a public class. By default, the resource class is internal in C# ".

"When you create a strongly typed resource class, the name of your .resources file must match the namespace and class name of the generated code. However, Resgen.exe allows you to specify options that produce a .resources file that has an incompatible name. To work around this behavior, rename the output file after it has been generated. "

For more information,please refer to Resgen.exe (Resource File Generator) .

Best Regards,

Jane.

Monday, November 18, 2013 9:45 AM