PDF Form Fill Script functional, but how do I implement? RRS feed

• Question

• I utilized the Zend Framework, PHP, and a Wamp server to fill a pdf form with data, using this guide:
    Stackoverflow - Zend_Pdf manipulating PDF Form Fields

I would like to implement this system into my LightSwitch Application. The PHP script requires the Zend Framework, so I would need to know how to load Zend with LightSwitch Application. With Wamp, I include the Zend folder in php.ini.

The PDF files would then be generated on the server (right?) after running the script. Since my script created the PDF, I would know where the PDF is saved and could link that URL to an entry within my record to view from the LightSwitch App.

This sounds difficult to me, but basically I needed to be pointed in the right direction on how to basically utilize Zend with LightSwitch and how to use PHP side-by-side with the html form.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:33 AM

All replies

• I added PHP and my sample PDF Fill script works! (Wooo!) How would anyone recommend I pass the entity data to the PHP file when a record is saved/updated???
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:37 PM
  • Assuming this an HTML app, I would think using a javascript solution would be easier than trying call php zend setup running on the server, if that's even possible(?). 

Here's something interesting which appears to do it all client-side:

http://www.javabeat.net/javascript-communication-between-html-and-pdf-in-itext/

HTH,

Josh

Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:46 PM