none
Advise on Mobile counterpart to my C# project

Question

• hello,

I have began learning C# with my Visual Studio subscription.

I have created a wpf app that access a Azure SQL instance to store records on.

I would like to create a Mobile app ( windows, android and IOS ) that can also access the Azure database.

I have Xamarin but not seeing a good tutorial to get started or sure if Xamarin is the best way to go.

I have alread created a Android app that functions similar but does not access a global db, I would like to eventually replace that old one with a new one.

Any suggestions

Friday, December 09, 2016 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi MattF4u5t,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>I would like to create a Mobile app ( windows, android and IOS ) that can also access the Azure database.

As far as I know, both of Windows, Android and ISO app can access the Azure database.

Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

If you want to use the Xamarin cross platform to development, I recommend you redirect the Xamarin forum for dedicated information, you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

If you want to directly use the windows or Android and ISO app to development, you need to redirect to the its own development forum, like windows phone app forum and others….

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 5:18 AM