none
VMM unable to connect to hosts - WinRM issue RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon,

I am having some problems with VMM showing 'Host Not Responding' for all Hyper-V hosts within a Server 2012 R2 Windows Cluster.

The Health Status of the hosts shows a Critical issue with WinRM (Virtual Machine Manager cannot complete the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) request on the computer)

I'll try to explain my current diagnosis efforts:

The Hyper-V host and VMM Server are on the same subnet. My machine is on a separate subnet.  All diagnosis steps have been taken whilst logged in as myself.  I am using my AD account which is a local administrator on all machines.

1. I am able to enter a PSSession from my machine, to the Hyper-V host, but not from the VMM server to the Hyper-V host (Error shows Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client received an HTTP status code of 403 from the remote WS-Management service.)
    2. I am able to successfully run Test-WSMan %Hyper-V Host Name% from my machine, but not from the VMM server.
    3. I am able to connect to a local PSSession on the Hyper-V host (Enter-PSSession %Hyper-V Host Name%)
    4. Firewall on the Hyper-V host is disabled
    5. Current WinHTTP proxy settings on the Hyper-V Host are set to Direct access (no proxy server)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why i'm able to connect from a different subnet, but not from the same subnet?

Thanks,

Jon

Friday, June 13, 2014 1:34 PM

All replies

• In addition:

The Hyper-V host has two network connections, both configured to use DHCP. 

One connection is being used by the Virtual Switch, the other is used for management.

Checking on the VMM Server and My machine both were resolving different IP addresses for the Hyper-V host.  For diagnosis reasons I have added a host entry on the VMM server so that it resolves the same IP for the Hyper-V host as my machine does.  I am still unable to connect to the Hyper-V host using WinRM.

• Edited by Jonathan D Hope Friday, June 13, 2014 2:02 PM re-worded for clarity
    Friday, June 13, 2014 1:52 PM