Unable to add custom webpart through SharePoint Designer 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to add a webpart from the server gallery using the Sharepoint designer 2007, it adds to the page and reads "Open the Tool Pane". However, when I right click, and select WebPart Properties, I get this error "The file you imported is not valid. Verify that the file is a Web Part description file (*.webpart or *.dwp)".

I don't understand why this error started popping up in the application which was working fine earlier. There was no recent deployment done. Please assist. I also get the below error code when I try to open the page in browser edit mode. Also, the error message seems to keep varying every time I try to remove and add the webpart.

Web Part Error: An unexpected error has occurred.

Show Error Details

Hide Error Details

[HttpException: '' could not be set on property 'HtmlFileName'.]
      at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.SetSimpleProperty(SimplePropertyEntry entry, Object obj)
      at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.InitSimpleProperties(Object obj)
      at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.InitObject(Object obj)
      at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.BuildObjectInternal()
      at System.Web.UI.DesignTimeTemplateParser.ParseControlsInternal(DesignTimeParseData data, Boolean returnFirst)
      at System.Web.UI.DesignTimeTemplateParser.ParseControl(DesignTimeParseData data)
      at System.Web.UI.Design.ControlSerializer.DeserializeControlInternal(String text, IDesignerHost host, Boolean applyTheme)
      at System.Web.UI.Design.ControlParser.ParseControl(IDesignerHost designerHost, String controlText)
      at Microsoft.Web.Design.Server.ServerDocument.Microsoft.Web.Design.Server.IServerDocumentDesigner.ParseControl(String outerHtml)
      at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.CompressUsingMicrosoftWebDesigner(SourceContent sourceContent, String allRegisterDirectives)
      at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.CompressInOrder(Deserializer firstMethod, Deserializer secondMethod, SourceContent sourceContent, String allRegisterDirectives, Boolean isClosed)

[InvalidCastException: [A]Moss.CommonFramework.UI.Webparts.RenderHTMLPageWP cannot be cast to [B]Moss.CommonFramework.UI.Webparts.RenderHTMLPageWP. Type A originates from 'Moss.CommonFramework, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9f4da00116c38ec5' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'G:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin\Moss.CommonFramework.dll'. Type B originates from 'Moss.CommonFramework, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9f4da00116c38ec5' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\83b2e9a0\293dc24c\assembly\dl3\10f2941f\20765aad_e2c4cb01\Moss.CommonFramework.DLL'.]
      at T_RenderHTMLPageWP_HtmlFileName_75.SetProperty(Object , Object )
      at System.Web.UI.PropertyMapper.SetMappedPropertyValue(Object obj, String mappedName, Object value)
      at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.SetSimpleProperty(SimplePropertyEntry entry, Object obj)

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:19 AM SPD questions do not go to the programming forum (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:15 AM

All replies