Web Application using a storage account I cannot find in azure portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a running web application that is using a storage account (classic) that I cannot see/configure in the Azure portal. The entry for the storage account is missing but the application insights for my web application show that it is being used.

I need to be able to configure the storage account and/or migrate data to a new storage account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

Do you see it in the list of resources displayed when running Get-AzureRMResource ?

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure/List-ALL-ARM-and-ASM-Classic-resources-with-AzureRM-PowerShell/td-p/284419

If so, you should be able to manage it by using PowerShell

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:18 PM
  • Hello Rob,

Inaddition to Marcin’s response, you can try the below powershell script to get the Azure classic storage accounts in the subscription.

#install required Azure powershell modules

Install-Module -Name AzureRm -RequiredVersion 5.0

Install-Module -Name Azure -RequiredVersion 5.0

#login to azure account

Add-AzureAccount

#select Azure subscription

Select-AzureSubscription -SubscriptionId "your subscription ID"

#get the list of azure subscriptions

Get-AzureSubscription

#Get the list of classic storageaccounts in the subscription

Get-AzureStorageAccount

Output:- after running above powershell script to get the Azure classic storage account, you will get the below result.

You can also get the classic storage accounts using portal through the filter options as shown below.

I would suggest you to refer the following article to Migrate your classic storage account to Azure Resource Manager using PowerShell Azure. Hope this helps you!

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

• Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:03 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:03 AM
  • @Rob, Just checking in to see if the above answers helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.This can be beneficial to other community members who is looking for the similar solution and do let us know if you have any further query.
    Friday, April 5, 2019 10:16 AM