Migration of Team Project using TFS Integration from TFS 2008- TFS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I understand that using TFS Integration tool (http://tfsintegration.codeplex.com/); we can migrate version control and workitems only. 

We cannot migrate areas. Is this correct? Correct me if I am wrong.

By using TFS Integration tool; I see that we can migrate a Team Project from TFS 2008-2013  directly without migrating to TFS2012 .Is this reliable/recommended as my need is to migrate few projects only to TFS2013 ? are there any disadvantages?( TFS Server cannot be directly migrated from TFS 2008 -TFS2013. )

Su

• Edited by Susan Lan Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:47 AM title edited
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Su,

If you only want to migrate team projects(source code and/or work items) from TFS 2008 to TFS 2013 that already exist, then you can use TFS integration tools to do the migration.

If you want to upgrade your TFS 2008 to TFS 2013 and move the team projects, then you might upgrade to TFS 2012 firstly and then upgrade to TFS 2013. In this situation, you can select in-place upgrade path or migration-based upgrade path. Check TFS 2013 upgrade guide in this page for more information.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:05 AM