How to integrate a windows store app with a reporting service?

Question

• Hi All,

I want to integrate my windows store app with a data source, which is a reporting service. How can this be achievable.?

Am just checking the possibility for this? Any related article or approach is greatly in need.

Thanks

Rajesh

Friday, July 18, 2014 5:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• See the Data binding docs for information on how to bind to your data source.

How to work with your specific reporting service will depend on the service, on what data it provides, and on how you want to display that data.

--Rob

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:47 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks Rob for your prompt reply.

A small question as am naïve to the reporting services. Hey, can I treat Reporting services similar to a WCF services? I mean call the reporting service and it will give me data? Am not comparing WCF and reporting services syntactically but in conceptual view.

Friday, July 18, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Another option that you have is to use Syncfusion SSRS Report Viewer for WinRT; The report viewer control provides the capability to view RDL reports deployed on SSRS from within windows store applications. Just try their free trial to learn more.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Friday, July 18, 2014 11:42 AM
  • What do you mean by reporting services? There are many possibilities, none of which have a direct tie to Windows Store apps
    Friday, July 18, 2014 6:47 PM
    Owner
  • If you mean SQL Server Reporting Services, then yes, every report is available as an OData feed.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Friday, July 18, 2014 8:13 PM