Ensure header and text stay on the same page upon printing RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a set of forms that have a one column table with title for each of our different requirements, and each table has an associated rich text box.  The issue I have is that I have added the text field outside of the table because it seemed like the table was truncating data at the end of the field with text wrapping turned on. 

However, in one of the tables text fields it does not seem to matter how much text I put in or what I do it truncates anyways.  I added additonal space after the text and upon printing the text is truncated.  I have typed the text and copied from external source and either way it continues to truncate.  Additionally the added text field which is now outside of the table print on a seperate page from the table it is to be associated with.

I would like to keep these two fields together upon printing and not lose any text. 

Can you tell me how I can accomplish this?  I am currently using InfoPath/SharePoint 2007.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:20 PM

Answers

• Printing from browser based forms can be a little tricky to say the least.

A quick and easy thing that may help you is to check that your rich text boxes are set to expand to show all text, right-click on the textbox, go ot it's properties and on the display tab check the value in the "Scrolling" drop down.

A more complicated but much more effective solution is to create a specific print view. I do this by creating a new view in the form template, selecting all the controls in my main view and copying and pasting them to the new view, and put a button in each view to switch between them. This lets me then reformat all of the controls in the print view to let me print better. One thing I find helps a lot is to convert textboxes, datepickers etc to "Calculated Value" controls by right-clicking the control and going to the "Change To". This converts the control to a calculated value which is still bound to your data field but is more flexible in terms of formatting. After converting the control you can then right-click it again and go to it's properties to set the formatting and display properties.

It can take a lot of trial and error to get exactly right, but usually you can get something useful.

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, July 29, 2011 10:43 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 11:32 AM