Azure Table Copy columns missing RRS feed

• Question

• When copying from an Azure SQL to Azure table with the copy activity. Not all columns are copied.
    When the source (Azure SQL) table contains a column which only has NULL values, this is not copied to the Azure Table.
    I do not define the structure inside the datasets. The following is written by Microsoft :

If you don't specify the structure of data by using the structure property in the dataset definition, Data Factory infers the schema by using the first row in the data. In this case, if the first row does not contain the full schema, some columns are missed in the result of copy operation.
    Therefore, for schema-free data sources, the best practice is to specify the structure of data using the structure property.

ref: Move data to/from Azure

But in this case, the first row does contain the full schema. To me the Azure Table rows should contain all columns, is this intended or is this a bug.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:52 AM

Answers

• I had contact with microsoft and this is intended behaviour.

But when LastName == null, although we insert into Azure table records (“Name”:” Florian”, “LastName”: null), the null record is ignored by AzureTable automatically

• Marked as answer by Florian Devos Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:53 AM