404 error RRS feed

• Question

• User-655622114 posted

Somebody hacked my godaddy  website and rewrite the web.config file. The problem exactly is : https://aw-snap.info/articles/malware-of-the-day.php#sec24

My present web.config file look like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><configuration><system.webServer><rewrite><rules> <rule name="Protect files and directories from prying eyes" stopProcessing="true">
    <match url="^(.*)$" ignoreCase="true" />
    <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAny">
    <add input="{HTTP_USER_AGENT}" pattern="(bing|google|yahoo|msn|aol)" ignoreCase="true" />
    <add input="{HTTP_REFERER}" pattern="(bing|google|yahoo|msn|aol)" ignoreCase="true" />
    </conditions>
    <action type="Rewrite" url="bedazzling-dues.php" appendQueryString="false" />
    </rule>
    </rules></rewrite></system.webServer></configuration>

How can i get a fresh web.config file using godaddy hosting

So, I have to change it to previous state. Is anybody help me to give me a sample godaddy web.config file . Or please guide me which forum I have to use for this issue.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:51 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi carlhyde,

Welcome to ASP.NET forums.

Somebody hacked my godaddy  website and rewrite the web.config file. The problem exactly is : https://aw-snap.info/articles/malware-of-the-day.php#sec24

If you have the source code of your project, you can check the existing web.config file. Or you can try to republish your project to the web server and check if it can make the site work again.

Besides, this forum discuss the questions about configuring and deploying ASP.NET applications. Your application seems be a PHP app and hosting on Apache Web Server, you can find support forums for PHP or Appache with your favourite search engine and post the question on there.

If you have questions about ASP.NET, please feel free to post on our forums. Thanks for your understanding.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Friday, November 22, 2019 6:34 AM